Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Shoots 5

Studio Shot
With this image I aimed for a simple bold graphic look. I may need a graphic designer to straighten up the ropes.
Makeup & Hair: Maria
Model: Zoe
Styling & Photog: Tina Nikolovski























Some other shots from this shoot:





































This will be instead of the Mirror shot in Checkpoint one
Hair, Styling & Photog by Tina Nikolovski
Makeup by Kat Vrkic



This isn't actually part of my shot list but it's possibly one of my fav photos I've ever taken
Photography by Tina Nikolovski
Hair & Styling by Tina Nikolovski
Makeup by Kat Vrkic


Some more from the Train Shoot:


Covershot:

Photography by Tina Nikolovski
Makeup & Hair by Mia Maria



Gucci Campaign:
Photography & Styling by Tina Nikolovski
Makeup & Hair by Sophia Cabrera






Definitely one of my favourite shoots ever. I'm excited because this was Zoe's first shoot, and she took direction extremely well. Since then I have done a few more shoots with her and apart from the fact that she is so beautiful I really think she was born to be a model.

Deodorant Ad #3


Deodorant Ad # 4



Ambient window light
ISO 500 (A bit noisy:( I really want the Mark II)
This was actually pretty hard to shoot with no camera stand, I was balancing on a table trying to get the camera as parallel as I could using a 90th of a second and focusing on the eyes. Also as usual, one model looks much better in one photo and the other model looks much better in another. I think this worked well as 'the shot', people get the idea lol. These two are the 'humorous' part of my deodorant campaign.

Improvements for the future:
  • Use a camera with a better ISO for complete ambient light
  • If that is not possible maybe try bouncing some light from a 580 on the ceiling on a very low setting, so that it doesn't destroy the ambient light and does not cast unattractive shadows

5 comments:

  1. The new shot with the black ropes has great impact but I think you are right, there are some problems with the edges of the 'rope' fabric. I'm wondering ehether you even need to straighten them. Are they so bad in the original? The selection of the model and fabric is very obvious so I'd be inclined to soften this. Could just be the low res here that shows this though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you trying some alternative approaches to the shoots, these last shots are a lot of fun, humour is one of the most effective ways to get and keep the customer's attention. The old guy in the bed is really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zoe cover with flare is really beautiful, it proves that not all work has to be slick and clean and cliched. This has a naturalness that is very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Train shot a la Newton - you've really captured the style of his work but with a contemporary flare. The are useing composition very well, knowing when and where to use space and place important elements. The train is an often used location and has metaphorical aspects re love, loss, connctions etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only just read this now (after printing, mounting, submitting haha) but yay! Thank you:) I ended up straightening the ropes (actually I got a graphic designer to do it) and it looks much better, I wanted that strong graphic feel, I did a quick job in the above photograph just to show what the end result would roughly look like. Thanks for the feedback J!

    ReplyDelete