Sunday, May 23, 2010

10/ Top Fashion Photographers Around the World

The following is a list of famous or well known photographers around the world, which I will continually update as I research. If I have missed anyone important please let me know! I am focusing on contemporary photographers.

It would be wonderful if there was one website which listed the top photographers in each country. I have composed the following list by surfing the internet for hours and evaluating each of the photographers I came across based on their quality of work, clientele and publications. Most of these photographers have shot for Vogue or any of the magazines listed below and/or have shot for immense companies including Telstra, NRMA, Gucci, Covergirl, etc. I found most of these photographers by searching for ‘Vogue photographers’ for example, or searching for specific campaigns (e.g. the current Gucci Campaign) and researching who the photographer is behind the images. Television shows such as Top Model also revealed amazing successful photographers such as Mike Ruiz and Jez Smith. A particular site which was an excellent resource in compiling this list was http://www.top-fashion-photographers.info/fashion-photographers.html.


AUSTRALIA
Richard Bailey (Vogue)
Henryk Hobaczewski (Culture)
Peter Rosetzky
Brooke Coffey

ASIA
Quentin Shih (Beijing)

NT AMERICA
Annie Leibovitz (US)
Russel James (NY)
Yossi Michaeli (NY)
Mike Ruiz (NY)

No comments:

Post a Comment