Friday, March 12, 2010

Shoot 1

Wow. The 90% charged battery pack only lasted 10 minutes on my shoot today, and my models were SO KIND in offering to wait until the pack was charged. So my parents came back and picked up the pack, took it back home, charged it for 30 mins and came back with it. So in a shoot that took a forever to plan, organise and prepare for, the actual shooting went for a total of 15 minutes. I can't believe I was able to set up the lights and get the right readings in such a short amount of time, I was under pressure to get the shots but I knew exactly what I wanted. Haven't seen the photos yet but I hope they are 'IT'!!!!

Also, in the actual time that I was shooting, the battery pack kept turning off the modelling light after each shot that was taken, so I had to keep switching that on between every shot. Also, because there was movement in my shot (the model was walking) and it was night I had trouble focusing on the model - I tried getting her to stop at the point where i knew i was going to take the shot and focusing then setting it on manual, as well as autofocusing using the points. Just writing this all down so I don't forget to ask questions on how to improve all this in class!

No comments:

Post a Comment